Welcome to the Clinton Kirkland Improvement Corporation (CKIC)!
The Clinton Kirkland Improvement Corporation (CKIC) was formed in December 2021 as a 501 (c) 3 organization, but its members have been working on the community’s behalf since the start of the pandemic in March 2020. Initially, this group of local leaders met weekly by Zoom to determine the best ways to keep our village and town safe and our businesses viable. Now they’re focused on developing and managing projects to create or stimulate economic and community improvement. We’re writing to introduce you to CKIC and invite your support.
Here’s what’s been done:
- Sent a survey to local business owners in the summer of 2020 to assess their needs
- Matched Hamilton College students with businesses to establish websites or social media strategies
- Supplied masks, sanitizers, and test kits
- Worked with the Clinton Chamber of Commerce to allow the Farmers’ Market to take place in spite of COVID-19 restrictions
- Submitted three Downtown Revitalization Initiative grants seeking $10 million in state investment; our current proposal is pending
- Worked with the owners of a vacant brownfield site and Mohawk Valley EDGE to repurpose the property for development and add to the tax rolls
What words best describe Clinton?